[mythtv-users] Problem with latest run of optimize_mythdb.pl

Jerome Yuzyk jerome at supernet.ab.ca
Wed Dec 30 21:03:57 UTC 2015

On Wednesday, December 30, 2015 12:53:57 PM Jerome Yuzyk wrote:
> On Thursday, December 31, 2015 03:34:46 AM Stephen Worthington wrote:
> >
> > time.  So I am now looking at only doing the defragmentation
> > automatically when I know I have an hour or more before the next
> > recording, if I can work out how to do that.
>
> https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Upcoming_Parse.pl was the starting point for a script I'm working on to determine if it's safe to run a defrag, though I haven't implemented it or the defrag optimizing yet.

But then I got curious about how fragmented my tables were, and after looking at a couple scripts one post mentioned that mysqltuner.pl reports the number of fragmented tables. I've been running it every Monday morning but hadn't noticed it reporting fragmentation. My last report returned

    Data in InnoDB tables: 192K (Tables: 5)
    Data in MyISAM tables: 195M (Tables: 107)
    Total fragmented tables: 0

so I don't need to worry.

Maybe it can show whether you need to be concerned at all.

--
A little of Jerome's MythTV World: http://mythtv.bss.ab.ca