[mythtv-users] Airplay: iPad thinks its streaming, but nothing shows on mythfrontend

Paul Gardiner lists at glidos.net
Tue Dec 29 10:49:42 UTC 2015

On 28/12/2015 10:23, Paul Gardiner wrote:
> I'm failing to get Airplay working. The logs of my backend show:
>
>   Bonjour: Service registration complete: name 'Mythbackend on glidos'
>
> The logs on my frontend show:
>
>   Bonjour: Error: -65537
>   Bonjour: Failed to register service.
>
> I have no firewall running on either backend or frontend.
>
> Googling tells me I need avahi running: should that be both
> on frontend and backend, or does there need to be just one
> instance on the network?

Okay, so installing avahi on the frontend cured that problem, and
now my iPad shows an Airplay button and I can select the frontend
from there, but I've tried iPlayer, Amazon Instant Video and
PlayerXtreme with no success: nothing appears on my TV and I see
nothing in the frontend logs. The iPad is muted and seems to be
happy that it is streaming to something.