[mythtv-users] Plex integration

Ben Kamen bkamen at benjammin.net
Tue Dec 29 08:14:25 UTC 2015

On 2015-12-05 12:48 AM, Phill Edwards wrote:

> Not sure if you know but there is a Plex plugin or channel (not sure of exact terminology) for MythTV. Once you set that up all the recordings appear with their proper titles and you don't need mythlink etc. I have it on mine. Let me know if you can't find it and I can check my server for more details.
>
> Have a look at https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/152258/plex-frontend-to-mythtv

Sorry to be so tardy to the party... I just set up plex yesterday.

Phil -- I did find that plugin for Plex and I got it installed no problem.

I am (don't laugh) on MythTV 0.25.2 (CentOS thang ya know) -- and the plug does show me shows (first level by title), but selecting any show times out and results with "This Channel is not responding"

Using the other sort methods ultimately result in the same "this channel is not responding" problem.

Is there something else I'm missing?

Thanks,

  -Ben

p.s. Myth and Plex are on the same system. I didn't do any "directory" setup to where my MythTV recordings sit (and am not using mythlink.pl <-- is that needed? It sounded like the plex plugin was standalone and complete)