[mythtv-users] Problem with latest run of optimize_mythdb.pl

Hika van den Hoven hikavdh at gmail.com
Sun Dec 27 21:14:06 UTC 2015

Hoi Craig,

Sunday, December 27, 2015, 9:45:00 PM, you wrote:

> Mike,

> I expressed myself poorly.  What I meant was that when I set up Mythbuntu
> on this system there was an option to have "http://<myMythTV_System>"
> automatically translate this to "http://<myMythTV_System>/mythweb" (or
> something like that).  I thought that would mean that I would either have
> trouble getting to the phpmyadmin page or it would break something such
> that I would not be able to get to the mythweb page.  It would not be a big
> problem because I don't often use it, but still...

> I didn't mean that a second apache instance would be running, but rather
> that if I opted to use myphpadmin with lighttpd, that I'd have two
> _different_ webpage servers running on one system and I think that would be
> a _bad thing_.

> --
> Craig.

You can run a different webserver, but it must use another port then
80. I actually have two different apache instances running for
complicated reasons, which normally don't apply.

What you describe sounds like a dns alias/ apache vhost.
Even if mythweb is setup as a vhost you can still access the main
apache page through the normal dns name, although probably not
http://<your_normalhostname>:/mythweb but
http://<your_normalhostname>:/phpmyadmin should be accessible or could
be put under another alias/vhost. It also depends on if you have a
sufficient capable dns server running. I have all my local webpages
accessible under their own vhost name.

Tot mails,
  Hika                            mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com

"Zonder hoop kun je niet leven