[mythtv-users] Problem with latest run of optimize_mythdb.pl

Craig Huff huffcslists at gmail.com
Sun Dec 27 19:56:39 UTC 2015

Bad news and good news, Hika.

I was able to truncate the table and go through all the appropriate
commands on the table to analyze, check, checksum, repair, and optimize it
(definitely not in that order, but not absolutely certain the order I went
through them).

I was able to reload the recordedseek table from the backup.  However, when
I went to run optimize_mythdb.pl again, I got the same error message even
though I just got the okay from mysql on the command line.

I opened up optimize_mythdb.pl and looked at line 38.  I saw it was trying
to alter the table to re-order the records and defragment the table.  I
then went back into mysql and tried the maintenance commands and got errors
that weren't there before, including a message about not being able to
create a temporary file named "/var/lib/mysql/mythconverg/recordedseek.TMM".

It turns out that the first unsuccessful run of optimize_mythdb.pl must
have crashed during work on the recordedseek table and left the temporary
file in existence.  I found that it was the only *.TMM file in the
directory so I deleted it, went into mysql and re-repaired it with the
table maintenance commands.  When I ran optimize_mythdb.pl one more time,
it succeeded with no error messages.  It appears the problem all along was
the existence of the temporary file.

Having now reported what resolved the problem, I am hastening back to my
MythTV system to do a database backup and then launch jobs, as you
suggested to create the seektable data for the recordings done in the last
day.

Many thanks for the help.  It got me started in the right direction, and
although your suggested fix wasn't the solution, it led me to find more
helpful error messages that finally tracked the problem (and solution) down.

--
Craig.