[mythtv-users] Mythtv screensaver behaviour

Another Sillyname anothersname at googlemail.com
Sat Dec 26 16:02:04 UTC 2015

mythfrontend menus....

i.e.

mythfrontend with video running then xscreensaver screen blanking does
not kick in.....this is the expected and desired behaviour.

mythfrontend running but on menu (i.e. No video running) then
xscreensaver does kick in......this is the expected and desired
behaviour.

mythfrontend running...regardless of video running or not........power
management screen standby (set in xscreensaver advanced settings
dialogue box) does kick in........this is not the desired
bahaviour.....the power management bahaviour (set in xscreensaver
advanced settings) desired is the same as the xscreensaver screen
blanking settings above.

Hope this is clearer