[mythtv-users] Mythtv screensaver behaviour

Another Sillyname anothersname at googlemail.com
Sat Dec 26 15:24:17 UTC 2015

OK, tried xscreensaver

While it does work for screen blanking and appears to work by not
engaging when a video is running while engaging if just the menus are
showing the Power Management for screen standby engages regardless of
if a video is running or not.

As stated in the OP, vlc works 'properly' without requiring any user
interaction or tinkering.

If vlc loaded and no video running......screen saver kicks in and
subsequent power standby mode on monitor kicks in as determined by
timer afterwards.

If vlc loaded and video running neither screen saver nor power standby
mode on monitor kick in.

In fact if vlc is running a video that ends on it's own it then acts
as no video running.

Any more thoughts?