[mythtv-users] Any setting in GUI to stop advert detection jobs?

blind Pete 0123peter at gmail.com
Wed Dec 23 22:44:24 UTC 2015

On Tue, 22 Dec 2015 23:39:26 +0100
Hika van den Hoven <hikavdh at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hoi Tony,
>
> Tuesday, December 22, 2015, 11:17:22 PM, you wrote:
>
> > Ever since I upgraded to 0.27 (from something very old like 0.21),
> > the advert detection has stopped working (I'm in the UK). I'd like
> > to turn it off altogether as it's just running my system for no
> > reason. Last night I unchecked the setting which allows running
> > advert detection jobs, but the jobs were still spawned and my
> > backend sat there and didn't turn itself off as it usually does.
>
> > I'm aware I could go through and mark each channel as being advert
> > free (either manually or via SQL if I can figure out the table and
> > field name), but it would be nice if there was some way to simply
> > turn off commercial detection.
>
> > thanks!
>
> You have to turn it of in everyone of your rules. For new rules you
> turn it of in the template(s).

Stupid question:  How do you edit the template?

> A short could be placing a dummy command in place of the regular
> commercial detection command.

Individual backends can be configured to not do any commercial
detection, or meta-data lookup, and other stuff.

Feature request:  When a backend is configured to not do something
could the shut down procedure (mythshutdown --status or whatever
it is) not prevent a shut down because there are pending jobs
that that particular machine was never going to do anyway?

And where should I submit feature requests to?

--
testing
bP