[mythtv-users] Change highlighting in "Videos"

Randy Evans revans42 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 23 01:37:31 UTC 2015

Wondering if it is possible to make the highlighting more visible in
"Videos" when using the tree view.

I recently moved my existing MythTV from 0.24 (5 year old install)  to
0.27 [ad97d24].

I changed the "Videos" view type to "Tree" but it is very difficult to
tell where you actually are in the tree since it seems to always show
a full "path", not just where you are in the tree but also where you
will "go" if you just use the right-arrow. There appears to be a very
slight increase in brightness in the text where the "cursor" actually
is in the tree but it is very difficult to see at any distance from
the TV.  I am using the MythBuntu theme and tried modifying many of
the settings
both in base.xml and video-ui.xml but I have not found any that affect
the highlighting.

Appreciate any clues about whether this can be changed.

As a side note I'll mention I bought a Hauppauge WinTV-HVR2255
to use on the new box and after updating the Linux Kernel to
version 4.2 and installed the NXP7164-2010-03-10.1.fw firmware
the HVR2255 card works fine (I am using Debian 8.2)

Extremely happy with all the improvements since version 0.24.
Thanks to all who provide this tremendous program.