[mythtv-users] Random system freezes -- clueless

Craig Huff huffcslists at gmail.com
Sun Dec 20 19:37:18 UTC 2015

Mike,

Sorry, I just realized I hadn't addressed your feedback.  I was under the
impression that (at least in the last few years) all Intel processors had
hardware watchdogs built into them.  The problem system has an Intel Core
i3-3240 @ 3.40GHz processor which includes the on-chip HD 2500 graphics.

I'll look to see if I can find GIMPS and mprime in the package manager, but
in case that's not how to get them, a pointer or two would be appreciated.
I'm not familiar with either, so I'd appreciate any more info on how to run
them to test the CPU, if there's more to them than "point and shoot"
operation.

FWIW, I haven't ever had any reason to think I'd benefit from overclocking
my MythTV system, so they've always just run with the default clock
settings.

--
Craig.