[mythtv-users] Copy-Once Terror Begins In San Francisco

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Wed Dec 16 15:58:14 UTC 2015

On Wed, Dec 16, 2015 at 3:48 PM, Kirk Bocek <t004 at kbocek.com> wrote:
> Scanning my news channels this morning, Fox News (not my usual destination,
> just one channel I scan) failed to lock. Knowing that others have said that
> Fox has requested copy-once status on networks other than Comcast,

Btw, I heard (indirectly, I have no equipment in the specific
franchises to verify) that Fox backed off copy protection
for their (primary) news station (not the others).  I presume
because of the repeated observation that that would reduce
the viewing audience for the commentary (and Bill wants
everyone to be able to hear his views).