[mythtv-users] Issue: User jobs, mythlink, and Timezone

Philip Brady phil.brady at hotmail.co.uk
Wed Dec 16 10:58:39 UTC 2015

To: mythtv-users at mythtv.org
From: mythtv at blandford.net
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2015 14:31:09 -0700
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Issue: User jobs, mythlink, and Timezone

    On 12/14/2015 02:23 PM, Roger Siddons
      wrote:

      On 14/12/15 20:58, Michael wrote:

        In the job, I pass the chanid and the starttime values.

        What was passed to the user job was: 9296 for chanid and
        20151213215800 for the starttime.  When mythlink.pl runs, it
        does a sql query for a show that was recorded on that chanid and
        starttime and fails to find anything and no links are created.

        Looking in the database for this recording, I see that actual
        start time is 2015-12-14 04:58:00.  This is a difference of 7
        hours.  I happen to live in UTC -7.  So it looks like a timezone
        issue.

        If I run my user job again by hand, but modify it to pass the
        starttime + 7 hours, then mythlink runs and finds the show and
        the appropriate link is created.

        I am not sure how to fix this.  Any suggestions?

      Use %STARTTIMEUTC% instead of %STARTTIME%

      https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/User_Jobs

    Thanks!,

    I see the note on this page regarding the various xxxUTC variables.

    Sadly, many of the wiki pages ( that I was following ) don't make
    mention of them and still use STARTTIME.

    Michael

Many of the wiki pages pre-date the introduction of the UTC parameters (I think with 0.27).Why not edit those pages to clarify the point?Phil