[mythtv-users] MythCenterXMAS-wide theme updated to version 1.3

Paul Harrison mythtv at sky.com
Mon Dec 14 23:43:13 UTC 2015

On 14/12/15 14:23, Karl Newman wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 13, 2015 at 11:11 PM, Paul Harrison <mythtv at sky.com
> <mailto:mythtv at sky.com>> wrote:
>
>     On 14 December 2015 at 05:15, Karl Newman <newmank1 at asme.org
>     <mailto:newmank1 at asme.org>> wrote:
>     > On Sun, Dec 13, 2015 at 3:54 PM, Paul Harrison <mythtv at sky.com
>     <mailto:mythtv at sky.com>> wrote:
>     >>
>     >> I've just updated both master and the fixes-0.27 version of the
>     >> MythCenterXMAS-wide Christmas theme to 1.3.
>     >>
>     >> It may take up to 24 hours (not sure at what time the update
>     script runs)
>     >> for the new version to show up in the theme updater.
>     >>
>     >> The main changes are some new backgrounds and removed some of
>     the old naff
>     >> ones. There has also been some updates and fixes to the video
>     and music
>     >> screens. Plus lots of other minor tweaks. I'll continue to work
>     on it up to
>     >> Christmas so expect more changes as time allows.
>     >>
>     >> Only tested on master but I think I've cherry-picked all the
>     relevant
>     >> changes to the 0.27-fixes branch so all should be OK. Let me
>     know if you
>     >> spot a problem.
>     >>
>     >> There is also and Easter egg or should that be a Christmas egg?
>     of an
>     >> animated rocking Santa - see if you can find him ;)
>     >>
>     >> As always this is just a bit of fun if you don't like it don't
>     whine just
>     >> don't use it.
>     >>
>     >> Merry Christmas & Happy New Year to all MythTV users and
>     developers.
>     >>
>     >> Paul H.
>     >
>     >
>     > Thanks a lot for this. I finally upgraded to a widescreen TV
>     this year so I
>     > can enjoy this theme. However, I'm only seeing the 1.0 version
>     in my theme
>     > browser, and according to your changelog on your github, I
>     should have at
>     > least been seeing the 1.2 version from December 2014. I also
>     seem to be
>     > missing a number of other themes that are shown on the wiki
>     Theme category
>     > page (https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Category:Themes) What url is
>     the theme
>     > chooser pulling from?
>     >
>     > Thanks,
>     >
>     > Karl
>     >

>     Hi Karl,
>
>     Are you using Mythbuntu? If yes then I think you are probably stuck on
> [...]

Sounds like there is a problem with the version reported by the Gentoo
build. What do you see if you press MENU and click 'About' when on the
main menu screen?

Anyway we think the problem with only version 1.0 being available for
0.27, 0.27.1, 0,27.2 and 0.27.3 users should be fixed when the theme
update script runs next around 4:40 UTC so you should pick up the new
version after that.

Paul H.