[mythtv-users] Mythtv on CentOS 7

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Mon Dec 14 11:39:22 UTC 2015

On 14/12/15 11:01, Stuart Auchterlonie wrote:
> On 11/12/15 19:06, Richard Shaw wrote:
>> On Fri, Dec 11, 2015 at 1:02 PM, Michael A Weber <mweberjunk01 at gmail.com
>> <mailto:mweberjunk01 at gmail.com>> wrote:
>>
>>      Hey, users!
>>
>>      I’m considering upgrading my Mythtv backend to CentOS 7 since there
>>      are some other features it has that I need over CentOS 6.
>>
>>      I have read the page over at mythtv.org <http://mythtv.org> that
>>      says, basically, “it works well.”  Aside of that, does anyone have
>>      any “gotchas” to share?  Or, is 0.28 of Mythtv close enough on the
>>      horizon that I should wait for its release before upgrading
>>

>> The biggest issue is that the version of QT is too old for 0.27 and the
>> QT5 from EPEL is not compatible with 0.27.
>>
>> As far as RPM Fusion goes, until the infrastructure upgrades are
>> complete, I haven't been working on it. But one it's done, and 0.28 is
>> released I plan on supporting EL 7.
>>

> I think you are referring to Centos 6 here.
>
> Centos 7 has all the required Qt4 / Qt5 libraries to build MythTV 0.27
> and 0.28.
>
> With the help of rpmfusion and epel, you will have pretty much
> everything you need.
>
> For the benefit of everyone there are ansible cookbooks already done
> that support Centos.
>
> https://github.com/MythTV/ansible
>
> Install ansible and git packages, clone the above repo, then run as root
>
> # ansible-playbook -i hosts qt4.yml
> # ansible-playbook -i hosts qt5.yml
>
> and everything you need gets installed :)
>

> Regards
> Stuart Auchterlonie
> MythTV Developer

Stuart:  I haven't tried a build of master-with-qt5 on my main box
running SL7, but when I tried building packages under f21, having run
ansible, it just didn't work.  I haven't tried it yet with f22.  Do you
use a specfile, or config/make/install?  And if the latter, how does it
interact with the 'normal' package management of the rest of the system?

I appreciate that you're busy, but I'd like to know!

Thanks,

John