[mythtv-users] Mythtv on CentOS 7

Stuart Auchterlonie stuarta at squashedfrog.net
Mon Dec 14 11:01:09 UTC 2015

On 11/12/15 19:06, Richard Shaw wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 11, 2015 at 1:02 PM, Michael A Weber <mweberjunk01 at gmail.com
> <mailto:mweberjunk01 at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Hey, users!
>
>     I’m considering upgrading my Mythtv backend to CentOS 7 since there
>     are some other features it has that I need over CentOS 6.
>
>     I have read the page over at mythtv.org <http://mythtv.org> that
>     says, basically, “it works well.”  Aside of that, does anyone have
>     any “gotchas” to share?  Or, is 0.28 of Mythtv close enough on the
>     horizon that I should wait for its release before upgrading
>

> The biggest issue is that the version of QT is too old for 0.27 and the
> QT5 from EPEL is not compatible with 0.27.
>
> As far as RPM Fusion goes, until the infrastructure upgrades are
> complete, I haven't been working on it. But one it's done, and 0.28 is
> released I plan on supporting EL 7.

I think you are referring to Centos 6 here.

Centos 7 has all the required Qt4 / Qt5 libraries to build MythTV 0.27
and 0.28.

With the help of rpmfusion and epel, you will have pretty much
everything you need.

For the benefit of everyone there are ansible cookbooks already done
that support Centos.

https://github.com/MythTV/ansible

Install ansible and git packages, clone the above repo, then run as root

# ansible-playbook -i hosts qt4.yml
# ansible-playbook -i hosts qt5.yml

and everything you need gets installed :)

Regards
Stuart Auchterlonie
MythTV Developer