[mythtv-users] Watch Recordings doesn't list size of single recording

Karl Newman newmank1 at asme.org
Sun Dec 13 17:58:45 UTC 2015

On Sun, Dec 13, 2015 at 9:03 AM, Jerome Yuzyk <jerome at supernet.ab.ca> wrote:

> On Sunday, December 13, 2015 01:33:27 PM Mike Perkins wrote:
>
> > On 13/12/15 02:55, R. G. Newbury wrote:
>

> > > Unfortunately, the mainline coders have used some library routines
> which make it even harder for
>
> > > you. So on the Upcoming Recordings page we get 'Today' and Tomorrow
> instead of the 'shortdate' 12-13
>
> > > (or Sunday 12-13'. That "feature" is buried in the code, NOT in the
> theme....
>

> > Of course, there aren't many countries in the world where there are 13
> months in the year :)
>

> > That's the problem with internationalization: everybody has their own
> idea of what should be standard.
>

> How about ISO-8601? That's a simple, sensible, sortable standard.
>

> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_8601

That's how I write all my dates. It's internationally unambiguous and like
you said, it sorts automatically (good for adding dates to a common base
filename). Although it does annoy my wife because "it doesn't look right".
Unfortunately, it doesn't lend itself to a "short date" format. If you drop
the year, you get the US convention of month-day that everyone else hates.
;-)

Karl