[mythtv-users] automatic cueing of series

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Thu Dec 10 21:28:41 UTC 2015

On 10/12/15 20:38, Kim johansen wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> I have my lovely MythTV recording a series in the TV.
>
> My problem is that this TV channel is not very strict to time. So the
> program is often 10-15 mins delayed. it is no problem with the
> recording, I just make sure it record a long period after the scheduled
> ending.
>
> But it miss a auto cue tool, or something like that.
> Because it is a series it has the same intro every time, so is there an
> way to analyse and locate a video snip in the big video, fx. find the a
> 5 sec video part of the intro. Like finding a text sting in a larger
> text string?
>
> It don't have to be a tool inside MythTV, it can also be some command
> tool for scripting, and a user job can be called when the recording is
> finished.
>
> Maybe I'm just dreaming of something which is not possible, but it could
> be really nice to have...
>
> Thanks,
>
> Kim Johansen

I have never tried to find a tool that would do this automatically, but
the Myth cutlist editor will let you skip forward and back in your
recordings to locate consistent start and end points; these will be
acted on during playback, but then, if you wish, you may be able to
perform a 'lossless transcode' to permanently discard the bits you don't
want.

I use a keyboard, when 'e' enters the editor and stepping is controlled
by the arrow keys.

HTH

John P