[mythtv-users] Ceton ETH6

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Thu Dec 10 16:30:59 UTC 2015

On Thu, Dec 10, 2015 at 3:21 PM, Jay R. Ashworth <jra at baylink.com> wrote:
> Well, I scored on eBay.  $100.  Hopefully it works.
>
> Any pointers on how one finds out?  :-)  Do they have a PDF manual?

I presume you tried http://cetoncorp.com/infinitv_support/

As I recall, plug the ethernet cable into a network with
a dhcp server, plug it in. wait a minute or so, and then
go to its web page to see the various statuses.  You
may need to upgrade the firmware (which can either
be done on Windows or downloaded from the "we don't
support Linux, but here are some bits") page.  There is
also a beta firmware on the greenbutton site that
allows the device to deal with Cisco CableCARDs that
modify cci=none to be cci=unspecified and then
respecting other flagging (it was discussed previously
on this list).

Note that I seem to recall that there are reports the beta
firmware has a (small) memory leak that may require
one to reboot the device ever month or so (since the
greenbutton site is targeted towards WMC users, it
is not clear (to me at least) whether that is due to some
issue with the interaction of the full protected path
OCUR/DRI code, or a general problem).

A poorly documented method to remotely reboot
is to go to the end of the log tab on the web page,
and type "reboot" into the dialog box, and hit send
(automation is presumably trivial via the appropriate
wget/curl post request, but that would require me to
actually have such a device, and care enough to
write it).

> It didn't come with paper or a CD; just the power cord (which,
> at 3A, is a good thing; not too many of *those* in my junk box...)

You need a better junk box.