[mythtv-users] interface an Anrdoid STB with MythTV system?

James Miller gajs-f0el at dea.spamcon.org
Wed Dec 9 06:54:58 UTC 2015

On Tue, 8 Dec 2015, Eric Sharkey wrote:

> Another relatively simple option is Daniel Frey's MythTV Player Android app.
>
> https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.mythtv.android&hl=en

This seemed such an appealing and KISS solution I wanted to try it out
right away--not yet having received the STB thingy, but having at my
disposal an Anrdoid tablet for experimentation. But I've been unable to
get it to work and am getting an error message from the app to the effect
that the backend is not connected.

I'm not finding anything in the way of online help for using this app, but
maybe I can ask for some input here. Is there some sort of configuration
necessary on the backend to get this app working? Since my Myth system is
a FE/BE combination, I do have the backend address entered in its settings
as 127.0.0.1, rather than the Myth machine's actual address on the LAN
(though I am feeding the app the Myth machine's actual LAN address). Could
that be interfering? Port 6544 was the default the app came with, so I'm
assuming that will not need modification.