[mythtv-users] Problems after upgrading frontend from Mythbuntu 12.04 to 14.04

Alec Leamas leamas.alec at gmail.com
Tue Dec 8 22:58:32 UTC 2015

> Hi Alec, I've made the change in hardware.conf:
>
> #Chosen Remote Control
> REMOTE="Windows Media Center Transceivers/Remotes (all)"
> REMOTE_MODULES=""
> REMOTE_DRIVER="devinput"
> ###REMOTE_DEVICE="/dev/lirc0"
> REMOTE_DEVICE="/dev/input/event8"
> REMOTE_SOCKET=""
> REMOTE_LIRCD_CONF="devinput/lircd.conf.devinput"
>
> I then restarted lirc and ran irw and pressed some buttons on the
> remote. I got no response. Is that good or bad?

That's bad.

> BTW - I understand that there are different ways of setting this up with
> the devinput driver. One of them allows you to keep using irexec
> commands and the other doesn't. Which way are we going with this one?

Nope. Using the devinput driver (or rather, using lirc) will allow the
use of irexec. If you don't want to support irexec you could just
disable lirc, the remote works without it.

Now, I'm basically lost. You have the correct driver and device. There
is also input as expected on the event device. With a modern lirc you
would have

  - logging available
  - debug possibilities using mode2
  - and working docs...

but with this ancient 0.9.0 I just don't know. I presume the logs are
empty, and that ir-keytable -t still reports /dev/input/event8 (?)

Cheers!

--alec