[mythtv-users] Problems after upgrading frontend from Mythbuntu 12.04 to 14.04

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Tue Dec 8 21:30:13 UTC 2015

> You do need the REMOTE_LIRCD_CONF="devinput/lircd.conf.devinput"
> setting, and probably all the others I have set.  I would recommend
> trying using a copy of my hardware.conf file, with the only change
> being the setting for your device, which if I remember correctly
> should be:
>
>   REMOTE_DEVICE="/dev/lirc0"

OK, I've done that. BTW just to give the full picture I have these
/dev/lirc* files:

$ ls -l /dev/lirc*
crw------- 1 root root 247, 0 Dec  9 08:13 /dev/lirc0
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root     15 Dec  9 08:21 /dev/lircd -> /run/lirc/lircd
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root     12 Dec  9 08:13 /dev/lirc-hp -> input/event8

> Since you are not using an IR transmitter, I think you may need to
> also comment out all the TRANSMITTER options.

The TRANSMITTER lines were already commented out. I mention that in case
we're not looking at the same file (though I definitely extracted it from
your .bz link). My /etc/lirc/hardware.conf file now looks like this:

# /etc/lirc/hardware.conf
#

#Chosen Remote Control
REMOTE="Windows Media Center Transceivers/Remotes (all)"
REMOTE_MODULES=""
REMOTE_DRIVER="devinput"
REMOTE_DEVICE="/dev/lirc0"
REMOTE_SOCKET=""
REMOTE_LIRCD_CONF="devinput/lircd.conf.devinput"
REMOTE_LIRCD_ARGS=""

##Chosen Remote Control
#REMOTE="Hauppauge Nova-T 500"
#REMOTE_MODULES=""
#REMOTE_DRIVER="devinput"
#REMOTE_DEVICE="/dev/lirc-nova-tv-500"
#REMOTE_SOCKET=""
#REMOTE_LIRCD_CONF="devinput/lircd.conf.devinput"
#REMOTE_LIRCD_ARGS=""

##Chosen IR Transmitter
#TRANSMITTER="Microsoft Windows Media Center V2 (usb) : Sky New Zealand
Receiver"
#TRANSMITTER_MODULES="lirc_dev mceusb"
#TRANSMITTER_DRIVER=""
#TRANSMITTER_DEVICE=""
#TRANSMITTER_SOCKET=""
#TRANSMITTER_LIRCD_CONF="skynz/general.conf"
#TRANSMITTER_LIRCD_ARGS=""

#Disable kernel support.
#Typically, lirc will disable in-kernel support for ir devices in order to
#handle them internally.  Set to false to prevent lirc from disabling this
#in-kernel support.
DISABLE_KERNEL_SUPPORT="true"
#DISABLE_KERNEL_SUPPORT="false"

#Enable lircd
START_LIRCD="true"

#Don't start lircmd even if there seems to be a good config file
#START_LIRCMD="false"

#Try to load appropriate kernel modules
LOAD_MODULES="false"
#LOAD_MODULES="true"

# Default configuration files for your hardware if any
LIRCMD_CONF=""

#Forcing noninteractive reconfiguration
#If lirc is to be reconfigured by an external application
#that doesn't have a debconf frontend available, the noninteractive
#frontend can be invoked and set to parse REMOTE and TRANSMITTER
#It will then populate all other variables without any user input
#If you would like to configure lirc via standard methods, be sure
#to leave this set to "false"
FORCE_NONINTERACTIVE_RECONFIGURATION="true"
START_LIRCMD=""

So then I made sure lirc was running and ran  ir-keytable -t, but
unfortunately I'm still seeing responses to button presses.