[mythtv-users] Plex integration

David Whyte david.whyte at gmail.com
Tue Dec 8 06:58:01 UTC 2015

On Mon, Dec 7, 2015 at 11:58 PM, Larry Kennedy <lunchtimelarry at gmail.com>
wrote:

> <snip>
>
> I got this working a long time ago and I agree, having the shows show up
>> in the TV section is much nicer than browsing to the MythTV "channel" in
>> Plex. Search the archives for some tips... I went through quite a bit of
>> wrangling to make mine work but it ended up working pretty well at the
>> time. One important piece is that the symlinks you create don't
>> automatically delete when the recordings go away, so Plex thinks they're
>> still in your library and you get a lot of file not found errors.
>>
>> For the longest time I've been meaning to go back and hone the process,
>> and write up something for the wiki. Somebody yell at me and maybe I'll get
>> around to doing it.
>>

> MATT!  Can you write this up for the benefit of all?  :)

I use the channel too but it is a little slow to load recordings etc.

I thought of simply adding the recordings directories to plex and authoring
an 'Agent' that queried the myth services API to get the appropriate titles
etc for the files it found in the directories.  This should speed up access
to the files etc.  If Matt is keen, perhaps he could look into that too :P

As an additional note, I really wish there was someway to watch in progress
recordings with Plex.