[mythtv-users] adding HDMI audio to analog audio setup

Daryl McDonald darylangela at gmail.com
Sun Dec 6 14:06:05 UTC 2015

On Dec 6, 2015 12:48 AM, "Jerome Yuzyk" <jerome at supernet.ab.ca> wrote:

> On Saturday, December 05, 2015 11:10:44 PM Daryl McDonald wrote:
>
> > On Sat, Dec 5, 2015 at 7:47 PM, Jerome Yuzyk <jerome at supernet.ab.ca>
wrote:

> > > I use Fluxbox so I have no Gnome or KDE tools, but I do have some
>
> > > pulseaudio utilities like pavucontrol and pacmd. paprefs wanted to
install

> > > a pile of dependencies that I didn't want to do.
>

> > Does the statement above mean that you do not have GUI System Settings
and

> > Sound thereunder?
>

> Right, no Gnome or KDE tools.
>

> --
>
> A little of Jerome's MythTV World: http://mythtv.bss.ab.ca

there was a command line/script method to accomplish simultaneous sound
output to two/three sources, IIRC Josu Lakso (sorry if this name is
misspelled) was involved in the thread, it didn't hep me (due to my own
comprehension level) Ubuntu opts, by default to output to only one device,
so before you get to ASLA or Pulse, or any of that you need the
simultaneous part. How is your google foo these days?