[mythtv-users] Problems after upgrading frontend from Mythbuntu 12.04 to 14.04

Alec Leamas leamas.alec at gmail.com
Sat Dec 5 07:07:44 UTC 2015

/var/log/syslog

OK, then the lircrc discussion is irrelevant - lircrc converts the
button-presses displayed by irw.

Now, the first step is to establish the input device to use. It's
something like /dev/input/event1, where the '1' could be any number.
Look into [1] how to do this. Note that the device might change after
reboot, see [2]

Once you know the device, test it using e. g.,

   cat /dev/input/event1

and push buttons. You should see binary garbage printed on screen if the
device is correct. Report back when you have results.

Cheers!

--alec

{1]
http://lirc.sourceforge.net/lirc.org/html/configuration-guide.html#key-symbols-using-linux-input-layer