[mythtv-users] Problems after upgrading frontend from Mythbuntu 12.04 to 14.04

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Fri Dec 4 01:43:56 UTC 2015

> Well, if irw shows buttonpresses you are almost there.  The last piece
> in the puzzle is lircrc, which maps the irw buttonpresses to
> mythth-specific strings.
>
> Since yiu are upgrading, you should already have a lircrc file
> available. The next test tool is ircat, which sort of mimics mythtv. Use
> it like
>    $ ircat -c ~/.lircrc -mythtv

Thanks for this. There's actually a syntax error here so thought I should
just correct it for anyone looking at this in future. The command should be:
 $ ircat --config=~/.lircrc mythtv

Sadly, I'm still not getting any response to button presses when I run this
and I have no idea why. I've obviously got something wrong in my setup but
this is so mind-bogglingly complicated I don't know where to look.