[mythtv-users] OT: 4K TV. But why (yet)?

aaron memoryguy at gmail.com
Thu Dec 3 19:20:45 UTC 2015

On Thu, Dec 3, 2015 at 9:43 AM, Yann Lehmann <aristide at vtxmail.ch> wrote:

> In stores here around, you must really search if you don't want 4k. Almost
> all tvs from 40" are 4k and the prices have dropped a lot.

That's crazy to me... when I bought my 40" 1080p TV back in 2007, the
prevailing wisdom was that 40" was the smallest size where "p" (vs "i")
made any sense, as you couldn't see the difference at smaller sizes.

Although now we've got people complaining that 1080p is low resolution on a
5" smartphone.... :)

aaron