[mythtv-users] Problems after upgrading frontend from Mythbuntu 12.04 to 14.04

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Wed Dec 2 22:23:09 UTC 2015

> 1. You probably are running up against the change of the IR drivers
> into kernel drivers instead of user mode drivers inside lirc.  In
> which case, the best option is to use the kernel drivers (devinput),
> but that means a significant reconfiguration of your IR setup.  So
> what remote are you using?  Do all the keys work at startup, or only
> the arrow keys?

Only the arrow keys work.

> For working Mythbuntu 14.04 IR config using devinput, see my setup
> which is available for download from my web server:
>
>   http://www.jsw.gen.nz/mythtv/mythbuntu-devinput-lirc.bz2

Gulp - holy cow! I just had a look at your README and this looks like it's
a gargantuan task and not something for the faint-hearted. Lirc was always
the most difficult and annoying thing to get working as part of a MythTV
setup. I can't believe it's been made even more complicated!

My remote is a Harmony 600. Is there, by any chance, a shortcut to doing
this by copying someone else's config for a Harmony 600? if not, I'll start
working my way through your guide. One of the 1st things I noticed was that
I don't have /etc/rc_keymaps/ files. I also don't have ir-keytable
installed. Should I just install ir-keytable or does this indicate a more
fundamental problem that I need to deal with first?