[mythtv-users] adding 2nd display changes mythfrontend playback

Jerome Yuzyk jerome at supernet.ab.ca
Wed Dec 2 01:06:26 UTC 2015

[0.27.4, F22, nVidia GT520]

I asked back in August about running multiple distributed monitors and thanks to all who replied - great ideas. So I got a monitor, a 22" BenQ GW2265 that's just a little smaller than my Samsung F2380. I've been running the F2380 on DVI since I didn't have any HDMI cables at the time. That's fine by me.

So I plugged the 2265 into the HDMI port and ran nvidia-settings to activate it and have it be a clone of the F2380. That worked instantly.

However, now MythFrontend shows SD and HD content stretched horizontally and letterboxed. HD doesn't fill the screen anymore on either monitor. If I disable the 2265 then I get normal display back.

So what's missing? My desktop and MythFrontend UI fills the screen on both monitors, but playback doesn't. Both monitors are 1920x1080p 60Hz, the 2265 is 21" vs 23" for the 2380. That ought to be compatible right?

--
A little of Jerome's MythTV World: http://mythtv.bss.ab.ca