[mythtv-users] mceusb2 lircrc

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Tue Dec 1 01:15:09 UTC 2015

On Mon, 30 Nov 2015 20:30:02 +0000 (UTC), you wrote:

>Hi, anyone have a lircrc for mythtv (and/or other progs) that works with the standard mceusb2 lirc.conf?
>Thanks

Define "standard"!  There are many different mceusb devices, and they
are not all the same.  And do you want to run mceusb using the old
lirc drivers, or the new devinput kernel drivers (which is now the
recommended way).  What is the version of Linux you want to run it on?
What is the lirc version?

If you want to update to devinput, as is recommended, you might like
to have a look at my working Mythbuntu 14.04 config which is available
on my web server:

  http://www.jsw.gen.nz/mythtv/mythbuntu-devinput-lirc.bz2

This config works for both my mceusb remote, and also my Hauppauge
HVR-900r2 and my Hauppauge Nova TD-500 remotes.  My MCE remote shows
this in lsusb:

Bus 006 Device 002: ID 0609:031d SMK Manufacturing, Inc. eHome
Infrared Receiver