[mythtv-users] USB IR Receivers

Alec Leamas leamas.alec at gmail.com
Mon Aug 31 15:32:03 UTC 2015

On 31/08/15 17:10, Kirk Bocek wrote:

> No /sys/class/rc directory. Do you have one in your systems? Is there
> anyway to force it in Fedora?

This nothing about Fedora, it's the kernel. The /sys/class/rc directory
  is created when the kernel identifies a new device as an IR  (or RF)
remote. The basic problem here is that this remote is identified as a
keyboard, and thus is somewhere else in the sys/class tree (Where? Dunno).

If you cannot configure the kernel to decode this remote, you need to
let lirc do it. It's then no point using the devinput driver, since it
relies on the broken kernel decoding. Instead you will need to use the
'default' driver on /dev/lirc0.  For this to work, you need to make the
kernel accept your device as an IR remote and not a keyboard. I
described some possible ways to do this in [1]; nothing I've done
personally, though.

Cheers

--alec

[1] http://lists.mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/2015-August/380885.html