[mythtv-users] USB IR Receivers

Tom Bishop bishoptf at gmail.com
Mon Aug 31 15:19:08 UTC 2015

On Mon, Aug 31, 2015 at 10:10 AM, Kirk Bocek <t004 at kbocek.com> wrote:

> On 8/31/2015 7:52 AM, Tom Bishop wrote:
>

>> I'm the one that has used a lot of these and do today but never with
>> fedora, I like rhel but never a fan of fedora.
>>
>> All of my frontends running with openelec and the remotes works out of
>> the box and the receiver works with any of the learning remotes that I
>> have.  Not sure what is going on with fedora maybe try mythbuntu and see if
>> it does the same thing, heck load openelec on a usb maybe the receiver is
>> bad, never had it happen but I guess its possible.
>>
>> Its the same remote that came with my zotac box where I came across them
>> and I use learning remotes with all of the recievers, why I liked it since
>> I did not have to use the remote that came with it.  I have seen plugging
>> it into a usb3 port to cause some issues.
>>

> USB3, good thought. I had a physical keyboard installed in the USB2 port,
> this guy in the USB3 port. Pulled the keyboard, swapped ports and rebooted.
> Alas no. Same results. No irw. No ir-keytable.
>
> Typo in my previous posts. I mentioned by-name. What I meant was
> /dev/input/by-id. Pulling the keyboard caused the by-path string to change.
> So by-id is a better identifier to use.
>
> No /sys/class/rc directory. Do you have one in your systems? Is there
> anyway to force it in Fedora?

Good question I'm not sure since I haven't ran fedora in quite sometime, I
do run centos on my servers but was never a fan of fedora.  I will have
some time later in the week to try some stuff and can let you know but it
will  be towards the end of the week, just have to many other issues at the
moment. :(