[mythtv-users] IguanaIR configuration

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Sun Aug 30 21:48:27 UTC 2015

On 30/08/15 22:14, George Nassas wrote:
> On Aug 29, 2015, at 1:24 PM, Mike Perkins <mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk> wrote:
>
>> The version of LIRC which is available to me is 0.9.0~pre1 which doesn't have the iguanaIR driver in it. Fortunately the instructions on downloading (Debian) source and building LIRC with the hooks works OK. I now have a LIRC daemon working which should in theory talk to the iguanaIR daemon.
>
> I do the same steps to get and iguanaIR driver. You can verify that it is indeed finding the igdaemon by grepping /var/log/daemon.log for a line like:
>
>      lircd-0.9.0-pre1[1363]: lircd(iguanaIR) ready, using /var/run/lirc/lircd
>
> You can also test at the igdaemon level to be sure it’s seeing your remote, use the instructions at http://www.iguanaworks.net/2012/igclient-examples/ <http://www.iguanaworks.net/2012/igclient-examples/>
>
> Their site used to have a useful faq but they did a reorg and took away the useful info. Their support ticketing system used to be publicly viewable and very helpful but that’s gone too. Sometimes you can pick up hits from google’s caches for as long as that lasts.
>
> Anyway see if the igdaemon sees your remote and we can go from there. For what it’s worth my hardware.conf contains only:
>
> 	LOAD_MODULES=true
> 	DRIVER="iguanaIR"
>
> and I’m not even sure if the load modules part is necessary.

Yeah. I did all that. The only difference I have is: LOAD_MODULES=false, and
that is specified by their instructions (the copy I have, anyway) to prevent the
kernel driver loading.

igdaemon test works, and as I mentioned, I can /transmit/ codes okay.

However, I get nothing at all when I run irw.

--

Mike Perkins