[mythtv-users] USB IR Receivers

Alec Leamas leamas.alec at gmail.com
Sat Aug 29 06:32:51 UTC 2015

On 29/08/15 07:23, Jerry Rubinow wrote:

> Kirk, try running mode2 and see if any bits are getting through.  If
> pressing the same button multiple times yields varying results, you may
> be running into the same issue I did.  14.04 and later kernels do not
> play well with xHCI and older USB IR receivers which use an older
> protocol.  Patching the kernel USB driver fixed this for me.

As of 0.9.2 (or earlier) mode2 does not work with this kind (lirccode)
of driver. So it really makes no sense here (In upcoming 0.9,3 mode2
supports all kinds of drivers).

The corresponding tool here is ir-keytable(1). It can be used to debug
the kernel decoding, and that is what's used by the devinput driver. If
ir-keytable displays the buttonpresses you should be fine (using the
correct devinput config file). It not, you need to fix the kernel side
of it. The LIRC devinput driver is just a bridge to the kernel decoding.

Cheers!

--alec