[mythtv-users] mythtv-setup and systemd

Jerome Yuzyk jerome at supernet.ab.ca
Fri Aug 28 16:15:36 UTC 2015

On one page of mythtv-setup there are two entries for what to use to start and stop mythbackend. I'm using Fedora though, which uses systemd for daemons.

Do folks with systemd-using distros modify these to use systemctl start/stop?

I've put a shell wrapper around mythtv-setup to stop the backend before and restart it after using systemctl. Before I did that mythtv-setup would ask to kill mythbackend at start and then restart it on exit, and then I'd restart mythbackend with systemctl and have two instances running. So I made my wrapper.

But is it ok to set those two entries to use sudo systemctl instead? Does anything other than mythtv-setup use those settings?

Has anyone found anywhere else that needs tweaking for systemd?

--
A little of Jerome's MythTV World: http://mythtv.bss.ab.ca