[mythtv-users] Watch Recordings scrolling and update

John P Poet jppoet at gmail.com
Thu Aug 20 20:01:53 UTC 2015

On Thu, Aug 20, 2015 at 1:38 PM R. G. Newbury <newbury at mandamus.org> wrote:

> On 08/20/2015 12:17 PM, Hika van den Hoven wrote:
>
> >> This may also be a MythCenter(-Wide) artifact, but I have noticed that
> >> when a series is selected in the left column, the individual shows are
> >> NOT sorted in date order. Once upon a time, the individual shows were
> >> dated ordered, oldest at the top. Now they are not. The 'old' version
> >> was at least as of MythCenter-Wide 1.1 or so. Off the top of my head, I
> >> think the new (dis-ordered) version is 1.7.
> >
> > Those are settings on page 4, 5 and 6 of Video -> View recordings
>
> I don't know where you are finding that. I cannot find anywhere in
> mythfrontend or mythtv-setup where mythcenter-wide has a multi-page
> settings group starting with 'Video' in either Default or Classic
> appearance settings.
>
> Full path please, with full description of setup settings, please.
>
> To re-iterate: when on 'ALL RECORDINGS' in the left pane, the shows are
> listed oldest first, But when on a series choice (Big Bang Theory etc),
> the shows in the right pane are NOT oldest first.

The wording is a little confusing.  On page 4 of Setup->Video->Playback you
will see "Episode sort orderings" and the options are:
  1. Sort all sub-titles/multi-titles Ascending
  2. Sort all sub-titles/multi-titles Descending
  3. Sort sub-titles Descending, multi-titles Ascending.
  4. Sort sub-titles Ascending, multi-titles Descending.

I use option 4.  The default is option 1.

Below that you will see "Sort Episodes" which only affect the "sub-titles",
with the options:
  1. Record date
  2. Season/Episode
  3. Original air date.
  4. Program ID

The mult-titles (group list) is always sorted by record date.

Personally, I would like to change this to be three settings.
   1. Group list  (Ascending/Descending)
   2. Episode list (Ascending/Descending)
   3. Episode list sort type (Record date, Season/Episode, Original air
date, Program ID)

It also would be nice to have the "Episode list sort type" be available as
part of the pop up menu on the "Watch Recordings" screen.

John