[mythtv-users] debugging duplicate recordings

Joey Morris rjmorris.list at zoho.com
Thu Aug 20 01:40:29 UTC 2015

I'm trying to determine why Myth is recording the same episode of a series
twice. The two episodes both have a program ID, and the program IDs match, so
I'd expect Myth not to record one of them. A few details:

The recording rule is a power search set up to record episodes of The Andy
Griffith Show that aired through May 1965. It's set to "Record all showings". No
filters are set.

The show airs on two different channels. Myth appears to be recording exactly
one episode from each channel, never the same episode twice on the same channel.
(However, this may just be a coincidence. It's possible that neither channel has
itself repeated an episode in the 4 months this rule has been active.)

Here's an example of a duplicate recording: In upcoming recordings, I see that
the episode "A Black Day for Mayberry" is set to record on August 24 on channel
5.2. Its program ID is EP000003240005. Looking through my previous recordings, I
see that "A Black Day for Mayberry", program ID EP000003240005, was recorded on
April 6 on channel 50.2. I have about 20 examples like that.

I always select "Delete" instead of "Delete and allow re-record". If I'd seen
this just once, I'd assume I accidentally chose "allow re-record" for that one,
but I wouldn't have done that 20 times. (Plus, in that case, I don't think
they'd show up in previous recordings anyway.)

Does anyone have thoughts about why Myth is recording these episodes twice or
advice for further troubleshooting?

Thanks.
Joey