[mythtv-users] Probably a dumb question..Myth History

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Aug 19 14:12:53 UTC 2015

On 08/19/2015 08:03 AM, Joey Morris wrote:
> My understanding from the wiki and previous discussion on the
> list is that Myth first checks the programid then falls back to the duplicate
> matching setting if the programids don't provide sufficient info.

To clarify, if both episodes have a program ID, that is used as the
definitive answer of whether they are the same episode and the chosen
duplicate matching method is ignored.  There is no such thing as
"programids don't provide sufficient info," only "program ID does not
exist on one or the other or both episodes."

See, also, https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Duplicate_matching

Mike