[mythtv-users] share shows in car

James Linder jam at tigger.ws
Wed Aug 19 00:22:42 UTC 2015

> On 18 Aug 2015, at 8:00 pm, mythtv-users-request at mythtv.org wrote:
>
> I just build raspberry pi 2 with lcd touch screen and turned it into access
> point and upnp media server. Now I need recommendations for good ios and
> android clients.

Whew! what a question:

On IOS 8Player works pretty damm well and nearly all the time.

On android mythtvPlayer has the best UI that I’ve seen. It fails for me ‘somewhere’ in the show 50% of the time.
bubbleUPNP works 90% of the time and is the best of the rest that I’ve tried.

The author of mythtvPlayer has spoken to me a bit. I’m impressed about the level of commitment, about the sincere desire to make it a good product / experience. I found it hard to set up and the lack of doco daunting. Were I not peddling so hard else where I would have contributed.

Oh how it hurts my soal to say this: I have found IOS and 8Player to be the best (by far).
I donated $5 to robert for his torc application but it never worked at all for me.

James