[mythtv-users] HD-PVR2 support (please vote)

Andrew Codrington andrew.codrington at fidenti.ca
Mon Aug 17 20:40:30 UTC 2015

On Mon, Aug 17, 2015 at 4:14 PM, Scot Kreienkamp <skreien at wcnet.org> wrote:

If anyone is experiencing problems and has not upgraded to the latest
> firmware, that's something that should be done.  Some problems I was
> having went away when I did that and it's been rock solid stable for
> me for 2+ years.

Last I saw, it was recommended to NOT upgrade to the latest firmware.   At
> least that's what the Wiki said the last time I looked at it, which
> admittedly was probably a year or better ago.

My HDPVR was consistently inconsistent for years, falling over and leaving
a trail of zero length recordings every week or two.

This year however I started fresh with a new Mythbuntu install after a HDD
meltdown. New O/S, new mobo, some new drives, .28 mythtv, and new database.
I didn't change the HDPVR firmware (and can't remember what version I
upgraded it to a few years ago).

I don't have any idea why, but the HDPVR is no longer failing. [Touch wood].

Until I read this thread I wasn't aware that the HDPVR was an endangered
species, nor that the HDPVR2 wasn't supported in mythtv. Now that I'm aware
I can see I'd want to get an HDPVR2 if my current HDPVR fails, and I'd have
no issue paying for a reasonably priced, very stable closed source driver
to make it work with mythtv.