[mythtv-users] share shows in car.

Anthony Giggins seven at seven.dorksville.net
Sun Aug 16 23:51:27 UTC 2015

On 15 August 2015 at 01:53, jedi <jedi at mishnet.org> wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 14, 2015 at 07:59:59AM +1000, Michael Watson wrote:

>    For something like that I always just copied recordings out of
> the MythTV and put them on a mobile device like an Archos. There
> might even be a transcode step in there depending on the recording
> format.
>
>    Get a modern tablet with a microSD slot and you've got space
> for plenty of files.
>
>    Although DVDs are better source material for this sort of thing
> if you're trying to distract kids and want to avoid commercials.
>
> [deletia]

Another thing to look at is mythexport and a tablet with an RSS/podcast
client to download the shows

https://launchpad.net/mythexport

Personally I use this to transcode shows (via a user job usually triggered
by mythweb or an adapted script to manually insert already transcoded into
the database) to watch during my commute to work, the newly transcoded
shows are transferred to my phone when I reconnect to my home wifi (or via
VPN if I wish) over the internet should be possible but the podcast client
(Apple Podcast App) I'm using does not like authentication.

Cheers,

Anthony