[mythtv-users] family acceptance test.

Thomas Mashos thomas at mashos.com
Thu Aug 13 05:08:30 UTC 2015

On Wed, Aug 12, 2015, 10:03 PM Stephen P. Villano <
stephen.p.villano at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 08/12/2015 04:45 PM, Gary Buhrmaster wrote:
> > "If someone were to recode
> > the old ...".
> Gary,
>
> "If someone were to recode
> the old ...". means to non-coders, if someone *else* were to recode it, as
> they've not got a clue or a good idea.
> Oddly, whenever I've used those very words, developers understood a
> request forming and asked for parameters for function, user interface, etc.

Out in the real world developers are paid for their time. And companies
still make large sweeping ui changes without consulting users (see the ms
office ribbon, windows 8, etc). But go ahead and keep preaching how it's
only open source that is doing this and how software is so much better in
the "real world".
--
Thomas Mashos