[mythtv-users] family acceptance test.

Gabe Rubin gaberubin at gmail.com
Wed Aug 12 23:52:26 UTC 2015

I personally have never found any implementation of mythmusic to be usable (I have been a user since .14 or maybe earlier). That has nothing to do with specific implementations but rather I don't see how it is possible to easily use a remote to access hundreds of gigs of music. In other words, it's the input device that is my limitation. I never have used a keyboard with mythtv (aside from rare maintenance and troubleshooting) and don't like using either the on screen keyboard or using a number pad as if I'm text messaging on a dumb phone.

I have used a variety of other solutions in the past including setting up a squeeze server and player on the mythbox and currently, using myth's built in AirPlay functionally and streaming from either my iPhone or my computer with iTunes (and using the remote program on my iPhone). I'm certain there are viable solutions for android users as well.