[mythtv-users] family acceptance test.

Thomas Mashos thomas at mashos.com
Wed Aug 12 17:53:34 UTC 2015

On Wed, Aug 12, 2015 at 10:51 AM Steven Adeff <adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 12, 2015 at 1:20 PM, Stephen Villano
> <stephen.p.villano at gmail.com> wrote:

> >> Just last night my wife asked me to start up her playlist for the first
> >> time since I upgraded from 0.24 to 0.27.4. I could see all my playlists
> >> were there. I couldn't figure out how to just select one and get it
> >> playing.
> >>
> >> Doesn't pass *my* acceptance test.
> >
> > It appears that some changes haven't been very popular.
> > Does anyone *like* MythMusic in its current version?
>
> after some initial transition pains, I've found that the current
> MythMusic is not so bad. it's also not so great. It works. I've
> figured out how to navigate it and get it to do what I want, play
> music, create playlists, etc. However, it's ridiculously clumsy and
> with large 1080p monitors a major waste of space as far as the
> interface arrangement.
>
> Do I like it? no, but I have found that it is usable. File this one
> under the "different strokes", it sounded like for the person that
> rewrote MythMusic, this design works great, and perhaps for some
> others it will as well. The rest of us want to interact with our music
> player differently and as you can see, people have gone many different
> directions in what they've settled on.
>
> --
> Steve
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/User:Steveadeff
> Before you ask, read the FAQ!
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Frequently_Asked_Questions
> then search the Wiki, and this list,
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/

I'm not able to answer whether a re-implementation of the old mythmusic
interface is possible ( I should also add that I do not speak for the
MythTV team, I'm just a Mythbuntu developer). I took a quick look through
the archives and found this old thread if anyone wants to dig through it.

http://lists.mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/2012-April/332000.html

--
Thomas Mashos