[mythtv-users] Get list of all recordings' filenames and sizes

Dan Wilga mythtv-users2 at dwilga-linux1.amherst.edu
Tue Aug 11 20:23:38 UTC 2015

While it's too late for you now, here's something I've started doing
ever since I had to recover things out of "lost+found" one time: I run a
nightly "ls -ARi" on my drive and gzip it.

That way, if I ever need to recover something in "lost+found" I just
have to look up the inode number in this file, which then gives me the
original filename and path. (Of course, this doesn't work if the file
gets split between multiple recovered files, but it does help for a very
large portion.)

#!/bin/sh
/bin/ls -ARi / 2> /dev/null | gzip > /ls-ARi.gz