[mythtv-users] Get list of all recordings' filenames and sizes

Ian Oliver lists at foxhill.co.uk
Tue Aug 11 16:30:13 UTC 2015

Hi,

Yes, I should backup more often! My XFS partition is scrambled
(partition table and XFS master superblock overwritten) and I'm not
hopeful of a fast fix.  I'm currently imaging the disk to see if
xfs_repair can use a secondary, but I'm pretty sure there will be data
loss.

It occurred to me that I could use xfs_irecover to just get all (or
most of?) the files off but without handy things like file names and
dates.

http://man.gnu.org.ua/manpage/?8+xfs_irecover

But mythtv knows about all the recordings, including I hope the exact
file size, so if someone can tell me how to extract this from mysql I
can get a file of recovered files and sizes, one of database files and
sizes, and use Python to rename the files that match. I'm kind of
hoping that there aren't too many files with exactly the right size!

OK, so I might lose my .png files but maybe there is a way to recreate
these?

Is there any merit to this idea?

Thanks