[mythtv-users] HD-PVR2 support (please vote)

José Silva jsantossilva at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 10 17:56:24 UTC 2015

On 10-08-2015 17:56, Gary Buhrmaster wrote:
> The Hauppauge "leak" was filled with proprietary code licenses.
> It is not open, and you likely do not the right to use it (unless you
> get your lawyer to produce a finding that you can ignore the license
> and proprietary/confidential words).

I wouldn't say it's a "leak" because a couple of weeks ago, Hauppauge
support officially sent me the the version v6.505 of the "driver" (not
really, but the testApp works) for the HDPVR2 GE Plus, this was actually
a link to dropbox.

After many hours of fiddling around, I could use System Events to start
and stop recording using the testApp. The card was configured in MythTV
as "Import Recorder". Couldn't change channels but this is MythTv's fault.

You can read the whole thing in the thread "%DIR% doesn't work on
EventCmdRecStarted System Event"

jss