[mythtv-users] HD-PVR2 support (please vote)

Eric Sharkey eric at lisaneric.org
Mon Aug 10 16:37:04 UTC 2015

On Mon, Aug 10, 2015 at 12:12 PM, Greg Woods <greg at gregandeva.net> wrote:
> OK, I will go on record as saying I would be willing to pay for an HDPVR-2
> driver for MythTV, although it might be a while before I would actually be
> ready to use it. I have 3 HD-PVR1's of which 2 are in use, so I plan to go
> on using these until they die, but that day is coming eventually and when it
> does, it will likely be difficult or impossible to replace them, so I would
> pay to ensure there is a replacement option when I need it.

Would you still be willing to pay for it if there was an open source
driver from Happauge available?

The last time we talked about this was here:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/583754#583754

At that time the beta driver was tested and shown to work, but was a
bit rough around the edges.  Why would a commercial company go through
the hassle of retailing a third party driver?  As a business venture,
it doesn't make much sense.  At any moment they could be completely
undercut by a first party driver.

Eric