[mythtv-users] Update to Mint 17.2 broke wakeup function.

Hika van den Hoven hikavdh at gmail.com
Sat Aug 8 17:36:46 UTC 2015

Hoi Douglas,

Saturday, August 8, 2015, 7:28:51 PM, you wrote:

> On 08/08/2015 07:03 AM, Bill Meek wrote:
>> On 08/08/2015 01:01 AM, Douglas Peale wrote:
>>> I am trying to debug what is going wrong since upgrading from Mint 17 to Mint 17.2.
>>> I can't tell if the script in "Command to set wakeup time" is being run.
>>>
>>> The original command is
>>>
>>> sudo sh -c "/usr/bin/setwakeup.sh $time"
>>>
>>> . I tried to add echo commands to the "setwakeup.sh" script, but I can't seem to figure out how to get the results into a log
>>> file.
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Consider this (*assuming* that the user running the program
>> doesn't have write permission to the file.):
>>
>> This will fail:
>> sudo echo blah >> /tmp/blah
>>
>> This will work:
>> echo blah | sudo tee -a /tmp/blah
>>
>> But an echo within the script works (for me) like the following
>> which is run as: sudo /usr/local/bin/SetWakeupTime.sh:
>>
>>     echo "ERROR: Can't write to ${ALARM_FILE}, RC = ${RC}" >> ${ALARM_LOG}
>>
>> I do have the program name in /etc/sudoers.d/mythtv.
>>
> Thanks, I should have guessed the method of including the output
> redirection in the script itself since the script is using that
> method to write the wakeup time to the rtc.

> Unfortunately, although the script writes to the file when I run it
> on the command line, nothing gets written as the system
> shuts itself down.

I'm not familiar with the script, but try to put a `sleep 1` command
after the write. Hopefully the shutdown then happens after your write
has finished.

> So, although the checklogin.sh script is being run and writing to
> the log, it appears the setwakup.sh script is not being run.

> I'm stuck, I don't know what I should be looking for at this point.

> The following are the contents of the setwakeup.sh script that was
> working until I upgraded mint to 17.2.
> The extra echo commands have been added in an attempt to debug this problem.
> $ cat /usr/bin/setwakeup.sh
> #!/bin/bash
> #$1 is the first argument to the script. It is the time in seconds since 1970
> #this is defined in mythtv-setup with the time_t argument

> #I don't know how to ask MythTV for this value, so it is duplicated here. This is ugly.
> #number of seconds before scheduled recording that computer should start booting.
> ERRORLOG='/home/dpeale/logs/mythtv/wakeup.log'
> DATE=`date +%F\ %T\.%N`
> DATE=${DATE:0:23}

> startbeforerecord=600

> #Calculate time_t format time for next non MythTV event. Note that
> the user event time is hard coded!
> # This hard coded time must match the time of the event you schedule in cron.
> userevent=$(( $(date -d 3:00AM +%s) - startbeforerecord ))
> echo userevent = $userevent >>${ERRORLOG}
> (( userevent += ( userevent < $(date +%s) ) ? 24*60*60 : 0 )) # If
> event time has already passed, add 1 day

> echo userevent = $userevent >>${ERRORLOG}
> # Set wake time to the earliest of MythTVs wake time and userevent
> (( waketime = ( userevent < $1 ) ? userevent : $1 ))

> echo waketime = $waketime >>${ERRORLOG}
echo 0 >> /sys/class/rtc/rtc0/wakealarm      #this clears your alarm.
echo $waketime >> /sys/class/rtc/rtc0/wakealarm     #this writes your alarm
> echo $DATE MythTV wants to wake at $1, waketime actually set to $waketime >>${ERRORLOG}
> cat /sys/class/rtc/rtc0/wakealarm >>${ERRORLOG}

Tot mails,
  Hika                            mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com

"Zonder hoop kun je niet leven
Zonder leven is er geen hoop