[mythtv-users] No Display on Frontend

Kirk Bocek t004 at kbocek.com
Thu Aug 6 00:22:23 UTC 2015

On 7/27/2015 11:55 AM, Kirk Bocek wrote:

> Blah, Blah.

My no display issue is back. This time on my new ECS Liva. Actually it
never went away on the host I was first working on, I just found a
work-around there by restarting mythfrontend and the display would pop up.

On the Liva this doesn't seem to work. My new information is that I
discovered that the frontend is actually running and responsive, just
not displaying.

If I blindly navigate the menus and get a program to play, then exit the
recording, the main menu finally displays.

It's that first display of the menu on startup that's not happening.
I've selected the MythCenter-Wide theme. I get the textured blue
background of that theme but nothing else.

This has now happened on two newly configured frontends. So I must be
doing something wrong setting them up. In short, I copy over config.xml
to /var/lib/mythtv/.mythtv, edit the host name and fire off
mythfrontend. Something else to do?