[mythtv-users] Cutlist editor and bookmarks in master

George Nassas gnassas at mac.com
Wed Aug 5 15:39:48 UTC 2015

On Aug 4, 2015, at 9:03 AM, Jim Stichnoth <stichnot at gmail.com> wrote:

> Mythtranscode should be removing those marks:
> https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/blob/master/mythtv/programs/mythtranscode/main.cpp#L1065 <https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/blob/master/mythtv/programs/mythtranscode/main.cpp#L1065>
> It leaves only the bookmark, and updates the bookmark to reflect the cutlist.

Wondering about this update part - I don’t see where the bookmark gets updated to reflect the cut list. Is it right in front of me and just I don’t see it?

Taking this is a slightly different direction, my general experience is bookmarks don’t get adjusted after a lossless transcode so you end up with a stray mark pointing mid-scene or past the end of the recording. It used to be, maybe years ago, that bookmarks would be removed after a lossless transcode but somewhere along the line that stopped happening.

I’d be happy if there was a menu or key to clear a bookmark from a recording. Every so often I read that the bookmark concept is going to be revamped into a multiple bookmark / chapter concept but it hasn’t surfaced yet.

It wouldn’t be too much trouble to whip up a clear bookmark patch should that be desirable to the committers that be.

- George